Welcome

This is my journey. I want to share this incredible roller coaster ride of hopes, dreams, signs, emotional crashes, and excitement.
this is the space where i work out what is going on in my head. i hope that you can see yourself in my posts and that you will gain something from following my story.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

how do you treat yourself?

think about how you treat your children ... think about how you treat the love of your life ... think about how you treat your grandmother 

... now think about how you treat yourself. 




what a concept! treating yourself as you would treat others ... it's like the golden rule backwards and turned inside out. do unto yourself as you would do unto those you love. 

so what would that look like? 

in the morning, i would wake up slowly and lay in bed, allowing myself time to relax. then i would get up and do yoga, 




followed by a sit down proper full breakfast with protein and fruit. 

i would ask myself how i am feeling, and i would decide what to do next based on how i feel. 

i would be gentle with myself. i would meditate. 




i would find the nicest clothes with the softest materials. i would dress myself in silk and cashmere. 



i would feed myself balanced meals filled with fruit and vegetables. i would never eat at macdonalds. i would never have crackers and call it lunch. 

i would only do work i loved. i would give myself hugs, and tell myself how much i love myself every day. i would spend money on things like regular massage therapy, yoga classes, music lessons, and soft fluffy pillows. 



i would surround myself with people who love me and who raise me up. i would laugh every day. a lot. i would tell myself how proud i am of my accomplishments. i would believe in myself. 

and yet, here i am, less than a week before my 37th birthday ...

... and i don't do these things. i don't treat myself the way that i treat the people that i love. 

why is that? 

why do we learn to put the needs of others before the needs of ourselves? how do we balance being kind to others with being kind to ourselves? how do we learn to do unto ourselves as we would do unto those we love?

i await your answers ... and in the meanwhile ...

be kind to yourself, 

xoxo

...

No comments:

Post a Comment